Sunday, April 2, 2023
Violently Striving to gain Salvation - Nathan Rages
Matt 7:13-14 “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Matt 11:12 “From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffers violence, and violent men take it by force."
Luke 13:23-24 "And someone said to Him, “Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?” And He said to them, “Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able."
Luke 16:16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it."
1. Is it always easy to become a Christian?
2. If someone wants to become a Christian, should they wait passively for God to do something?
3. If your parents are praying Christians, does that insure that you will eventually be saved?
4. If someone wants to become a Christian, what actions should they take?
5. If someone does what Jesus says, will it be worth it?