Matt 18:15-17 15 “If your brother sins, go and show him his fault in private; if he listens to you, you have won your brother. 16 “But if he does not listen to you, take one or two more with you, so that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every fact may be confirmed. 17 “If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector."
The Process of applying discipline
1. Talk one-on-one. (gently, humbly, Scripturally)
2. Involve one or two others.
3. Tell the church.
4. Remove from fellowship.
Frequently Asked Questions about the process:
1. Must the process always include these four steps?
2. How quickly should we move to the next step?
3. How do we discern true repentance?
4. How should repentant individuals be restored after discipline?