Sunday, July 25, 2021
“And take … the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” Eph. 6:17
1. The sword represents God’s Word.
2. The sword is given and empowered by the Spirit.
3. Suggestions for effective sword usage:
LEARN specific Bible verses.
UNDERSTAND the meaning of those Bible verses.
APPLY the words of Scripture authoritatively.
TRUST the Spirit to powerfully use the Word.
Sunday, July 18, 2021
Eph. 6:17 "and take the helmet of salvation..."
The helmet of salvation is how we Christians think about the fact that we are saved by a wonderful Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. Our salvation includes all three "tenses", and we need to think rightly about each one:
1. Salvation Past. "I have been saved." Justification. Eph. 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God;
2. Salvation Present. "I am now being saved (gradually)." Sanctification. 2Cor. 2:15 For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing;
3. Salvation Future. "I will be saved (perfectly)." Glorification. Rom. 13:11 Do this, knowing the time, that it is already the hour for you to awaken from sleep; for now salvation is nearer to us than when we believed.
Saturday, July 17, 2021
Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Though many Christians feel grave concerns about the moral and spiritual direction of our nation this July 4th, this message gives three reasons for hopeful optimism about our future:
1. We can shine brightly for the Lord, no matter how dark things get (Philippians 2:15).
2. We can pray to an almighty and merciful God (1Timothy 2:1-2, Acts 4:23-31, and 2Chronicles 7:14).
3. We can imagine God pouring out His Spirit in true revival (Isaiah 44:3, Isaiah 64:1-3, and Psalm 44:1,23,26).