Friday, December 30, 2016
Saturday, December 17, 2016
Friday, December 9, 2016
John 14:5-7 - "Thomas said to him, 'Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?' Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.'"
Audio only: https://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/20812282
Sunday, November 27, 2016
John 14:1-3 - “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also."
Audio only: https://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/20812280
Friday, November 25, 2016
Sunday, November 13, 2016
In this sermon from John 13 we take a look at Jesus' necessary departure. We specifically look at the reason why Jesus went away, the great difficulty of Jesus going away, and the certainty of a future reunion with Him.
Audio only: https://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/20792868
Monday, October 31, 2016
This coming Sunday, Nov. 6, we're planning to hold our morning worship service in Sedalia, MO in a joint meeting with the believers at Hwy M. Chapel. Hwy M Chapel has been like a sister church in the start-up of Redeeming Grace -- providing counsel, mentoring, and much faithful prayer during these early years.
The meeting will start at 10:00am, the same as we're used to, but note that Daylight Savings Time ends that morning, so our clocks will be "falling back" one hour. The meeting format will be pretty similar to ours. The plan is for *both* Clint Leiter, the Hwy M pastor, and me to speak -- giving (hopefully!) shorter sermons than usual. There will be a "pot providence" lunch immediately after the meeting, so we'll need to bring some food to contribute to that.
The address is 1480 Hwy M, Sedalia, MO 65301. The directions I prefer from Columbia are: west on I-70, then south (left) on Hwy 5 at Booneville, then west (right) on Hwy 50, then south (left) on Hwy M (also called Harding Ave.) at the eastern edge of Sedalia. The Chapel is just 700 feet south of Hwy 50. The trip takes about 75 minutes. Here's a link to a Google Map: https://goo.gl/maps/
Events like this are valuable in broadening our circles of fellowship and increasing our appreciation for the Kingdom of Christ beyond our local church. Hopefully nearly all of us will be able to participate!
Thursday, October 27, 2016
Friday, October 14, 2016
Monday, October 10, 2016
First, based on the Lord's wonderful kindness to us at the Camp in September 2016 and the extremely encouraging feedback we've received from attendees, we *are* planning to host the Camp again next year, Lord willing. We've reserved the Turkey Hill facility for Thursday, October 12 - Sunday, October 15, 2017. We thought the later dates would reduce the risk of hot weather making sleeping uncomfortable. We tentatively expect registration for the 2017 Camp to officially open around February 1st.
Secondly, here's a video, prepared by Carissa Pentimone, with images from the 2016 Camp: https://1drv.ms/v/s!
Au3cVAc8GTpegf4eKJNSV3UQteoDag These are pleasant memories!
Thirdly, James Jennings has posted high quality video and audio of the six sermons given at the 2016 Camp. The entire YouTube playlist is here: https://www.youtube.com/
watch?v=3uDTQPqgMEY&list=PLHCG f1kHWZ4o29m0IXkvNWPzlalb5xzgB . Each video also has a link in its Youtube description for downloading the audio file (mp3), allowing you to transfer sermons to an electronic device, etc.
Below are links to the individual sermons:
#1 - Clint Leiter
28ab-ec76fea794c80c52f873d0987 6fdb952.r98.cf1.rackcdn.com/co ntinue-in-the-faith-clint-leit er.mp3
#2 - Gilbert Barr
28ab-ec76fea794c80c52f873d0987 6fdb952.r98.cf1.rackcdn.com/ joseph-free-at-last-gilbert- barr.mp3
#3 - John Greene
28ab-ec76fea794c80c52f873d0987 6fdb952.r98.cf1.rackcdn.com/ job-john-greene.mp3
#4 - Mike Dickmann
28ab-ec76fea794c80c52f873d0987 6fdb952.r98.cf1.rackcdn.com/ having-fellowship-michael- dickman.mp3
#5 - Charles Leiter
28ab-ec76fea794c80c52f873d0987 6fdb952.r98.cf1.rackcdn.com/ being-led-charles-leiter.mp3
#6 - Jeffery Mercer
28ab-ec76fea794c80c52f873d0987 6fdb952.r98.cf1.rackcdn.com/ why-you-should-act-like-lost-p eople-jeffery-mercer.mp3
Friday, September 30, 2016
Saturday, September 24, 2016
Sunday, September 11, 2016
Because most members of Redeeming Grace Church will be participating in the Fall Fellowship Camp, September 15-18, there will be no prayer meeting on Thursday, September 15 and no worship service on Sunday, September 18 at our usual Columbia, MO locations. Our regular weekly schedule will resume, Lord willing, after the Camp.
Saturday, September 3, 2016
Friday, August 26, 2016
Saturday, August 13, 2016
In this sermon from John 12, we take a look at Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem and see that He controlled the timing of His death, He fulfills detailed prophetic Scripture, and He was not the kind of king that most were wanting.
Audio only: http://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/main/main/20726469
Sunday, July 31, 2016
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
Sunday, July 10, 2016
Friday, July 8, 2016
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Monday, June 6, 2016
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
Wednesday, May 25, 2016
Friday, May 20, 2016
Tuesday, May 10, 2016
Monday, May 2, 2016
Monday, April 25, 2016
Sunday, April 17, 2016
Sunday, April 10, 2016
Sunday, April 3, 2016
Saturday, March 26, 2016
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Friday, March 11, 2016
Monday, February 29, 2016
- When: September 15-18, 2016, Thursday evening through Sunday lunch.
- Where: Turkey Hill Ranch Bible Camp, a campground facility located in the Ozark foothills between Jefferson City and Rolla, Missouri.
- Fellowship. Saints will have abundant, relaxed opportunities to meet one another and share in the things of Christ. We look forward to renewing old friendships, beginning new ones, and strengthening bonds between Gospel-centered churches. 1Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another, and build up one another, just as you also are doing.
- Worship. We'll have the joy of praising our glorious Lord with a diverse mix of fellow believers, experiencing, we hope, a sweet taste of "heaven on earth". Psalm 34:3 O magnify the LORD with me, And let us exalt His name together.
- Preaching. We'll be encouraged and challenged by sound Biblical teaching from a variety of gifted speakers. Ephesians 4:11-12 And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;
- Refreshment. All who attend, including the children, should enjoy a pleasant vacation experience in a beautiful natural setting. Mark 6:31 And He said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a lonely place and rest a while.” (For there were many people coming and going, and they did not even have time to eat.)
- Who: Whoever wishes to seek the Lord and fellowship with His people.
- Why: For the glory of God and the advancement of Christ's kingdom.