Sunday, July 16, 2023
The OT prophets repeatedly taught that God is sovereign over the actions of rulers and the affairs of nations. This message explores five areas in which God exercises this authority and control over them:
1. God plans all events everywhere (Isaiah 14:27, 37:26-29, 40:15-17, 46:9-10).
2. God puts rulers into (and out of) power (Daniel 2:21, 4:17,29-32).
3. God controls rulers’ decisions (Proverbs 21:1, Isaiah 10:5-15, Ezekiel 21:21-22, 2Samuel 17:14, 1Kings 12:15).
4. God determines military outcomes (Proverbs 21:31, Judges 7:2, Psalm 44:5-7).
5. God punishes nations for their sins. (Jeremiah 18:6-10, 46-51, Isaiah 13-27, and Ezekiel 25-32).
By way of application to ourselves as believers, these truths should:
1. Comfort us.
2. Prompt our worship.
3. Make us pray.
4. Encourage us about (global) evangelism.
Saturday, July 15, 2023
Registration for the Fall Fellowship Camp, October 12-15, 2023 is now OPEN. See this page for all the details and registration form.
Monday, July 10, 2023
Cursed is the man
who trusts in mankind and makes flesh his strength,
and whose heart turns away from the LORD.
For he will be like a bush in the desert And will not see when prosperity comes, but will live in stony wastes in the wilderness, a land of salt without inhabitant.
Blessed is the man
who trusts in the LORD
and whose trust is the LORD.
For he will be like a tree planted by the water, That extends its roots by a stream and will not fear when the heat comes; but its leaves will be green, and it will not be anxious in a year of drought nor cease to yield fruit.
Sunday, July 2, 2023
Throughout the Bible, God's true people are described as a "remnant", few in number and despised by the world. We review Scriptures in Jer. 23:1-4, 31:7, 50:18-20, Rom. 9:27-32, 11:1-6, and then proceed to make personal applications. This Biblical teaching about the Remnant is:
1. An alarming truth.
2. A misused truth.
3. A grace-exalting truth.
4. A comforting truth.
5. An action-motivating truth.