Sunday, April 26, 2020
Eph 3:18-19 “That you … may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge...”
1 The SOURCE of this love: "the love of Christ"
2 The KNOWLEDGE of this love: "comprehend ... know ... knowledge"
3 The DIMENSIONS of this love: "breadth and length and height and depth"
4 The SHARING of this love: "with all the saints"
"... but You are the SAME and your years will not come to an end." (Heb. 1:12b) and "Jesus Christ is the SAME yesterday, today, and forever." (Heb. 13:8).
"... that you, being rooted and grounded in love" Eph. 3:17b A Christian's love for God and others is pictured like the roots of a tree or the foundation of a building. These pictures reveal certain insights about love:
1. It gives us long-term stability.
2. It's hard to see (initially).
3. It takes time to form.
4. It's what everything else grows *from*.
1. Love is the foundation for relating to God.
2. Love is the foundation for our holiness.
3. Love is the foundation of marriage and parenting.
4. Love is the foundation of church life.
5. Love is the foundation of ministry work.
"Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in everything give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 1Thess 5:16-18.
Ephesians 3:17 begins "So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith". We'll approach these simple-sounding words by asking these two simple questions:
1 What does it mean for Christ to dwell in your heart?
2. How can this happen to you?
A. Through prayer.
B. Through the Spirit's ministry.
C. Through your faith.