Sunday, February 27, 2022
In 2Corinthians 1:3-7, the Apostle describes how Christians give comfort to each other, teaching these three main truths:
1. God Himself is our Comforter.
2. Those who’ve received God’s comfort can then give it to others.
3. This God-centered comfort will be effective.
Sunday, February 20, 2022
In Nehemiah 2:16-18, this remarkable leader met with the influential men of Jerusalem to convince them to join him in the massive wall-building project. In that meeting Nehemiah did four things which contributed greatly to his success -- things *we* can imitate to more effectively influence others toward righteous labor:
1. He exposed the problem.
2. He identified himself with others.
3. He pointed everyone to God.
4. He called for specific, united action.
Redeeming Grace Church is a Gospel-centered fellowship in Columbia, Missouri, proclaiming salvation through Jesus Christ and following Him together as a community of believers. Our emphases are sound Bible teaching, joyful worship, hearty fellowship, and ongoing evangelism. Church website: https://www.rgcolumbia.org/ Church email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our YouTube channel contains sermons and personal testimonies from our worship meetings and conferences. Each week's sermons is usually uploaded on Sunday evening. "Subscribe" to this YouTube channel to be notified of future sermon postings.
Sunday, February 13, 2022
Curiously, when Nehemiah arrived at Jerusalem he secretly inspected the city walls during the night. His description of the inspection process (2:11-16) illustrates several major practical principles for us:
1. Diagnosis - getting a clear, firsthand understanding of the problem.
2. Discretion - being careful with communication and trust.
3. Doing - being ready to take action without being bogged-down by analysis.
Sunday, February 6, 2022
1Chron. 29:1-22 describes a special collection King David initiated for the construction of the Temple. The successful collection was then followed by a worshipful celebration. Throughout the passage, these four main things were happening:
1. God was exalted (v1,10-13,16,18,20-22).
2. People were humbled (v14-16).
3. Hearts were revealed (v3,6,9,17-19).
4. Joy was expressed (v9,17,22).