Sunday, December 26, 2021
Christ's Peaceable Kingdom:
1. Prophesied through Isaiah (Isaiah 9:6-7).
2. Announced by angels (Luke 2:8-14).
3. Divided the world (Luke 12:51-53).
4. Accomplished through the Cross (Colossians 1:19-20).
5. Experienced in our souls (John 14:27,16:33).
6. Displayed in His Church (Ephesians 2:14-17).
7. Consummated at His return (1Corinthians 15:23-26).
Sunday, December 19, 2021
“Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. You are My friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you." (John 15:13-15) Outline: 1. Two proofs of Christ's friendship love to us: (1) Laying down His life for us and (2) Telling us all that He's heard from the Father. 2. One test of our friendship with Christ: Obeying His commands. 3. Application to: The lonely believer. The suffering believer. The backslidden believer. The death-fearing believer. The non-believer.
Sunday, December 12, 2021
Five basic guiding principles:
1. God’s original creation was very good (Gen. 1:1-31, Is. 45:18).
2. People should exercise dominion over creation (Gen. 1:26-28, 2:15, 9:2-3, Ps. 8:5-8).
3. Creation is now badly damaged because of human sin (Gen. 3:16-19, Rom. 8:19-22).
4. People must overcome nature’s brokenness (Gen. 3:17-19).
5. We look forward to the full redemption of ourselves and creation (Gen. 3:15, Rom. 8:21, Acts 3:21, 2Pet. 3:13).
Sunday, December 5, 2021
1. Looked with compassion at suffering people (Luke 7:12-14).
2. Looked with anger at hard-hearted religionists (Mark 3:1-5).
3. Looked with welcome at new converts (John 1:40-42, Luke 19:2-5).
4. Looked with love at those rejecting Him. (Mark 10:17-23).
5. Looked with discernment at givers’ contributions (Luke 21:1-4).
6. Looked with conviction at a believer’s sin (Luke 22:60-62).
7. Looked with tears at people facing God’s judgement (Luke 19:41-44).