"See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us, that we would be called children of God; and such we are. For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him. Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is." 1John 3:1-2
This verses verses describe one of the most encouraging truths imaginable, that believers are God's beloved children. Specifically we're taught five things about this wonderful relationship:
1. The start: being born of Him (v29).
2. The proof: righteous behavior (v29).
3. The motivation: God’s great love (v1).
4. The mystery: world not recognizing (v1).
5. The manifestation: future glorification (v2).
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.