In 1John 2:12-14, the Apostle addresses those who would read his letter, dividing them into three categories:
your sins have been forgiven you for His name’s sake (v12)
you know the Father (v13)
2. Young men
you have overcome the evil one (v13)
you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one (v14)
you know Him who has been from the beginning (v13)
you know Him who has been from the beginning (v14)
Lessons for us:
1. Christians are at different stages of spiritual maturity.
2. Christians are expected to grow over time.
3. Christians need Gospel-centered reassurance.
4. Christians are described as victorious.
5. Christian victory results from applying God’s Word.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.