Sunday, June 13, 2021
The Breastplate of Righteousness - Nathan Rages
Ephesians 6:14 "Stand therefore, ... having put on the breastplate of righteousness,"
All believers have two kinds of righteousness that must be understood distinctly and kept in proper balance:
1. Imputed righteousness: Legal, performed by Jesus, received entirely as a gift at conversion, perfect, results in justification.
2. Imparted righteousness: Practical, performed by believers through the Spirit, grows as we become more like Christ, imperfect until heaven, results in sanctification.
Examples of times when we must apply the "breastplate of righteousness" to ourselves:
1. Times of spiritual dryness / coldness / depression.
2. Enduring painful trials and disappointments.
3. Difficulties in your prayer life.
4. Dealing with your own sins.
5. Doubts about your assurance.
7. Tolerating a pattern of known sin.