Sunday, April 26, 2020
Rooted and Grounded in Love - Nathan Rages
"... that you, being rooted and grounded in love" Eph. 3:17b A Christian's love for God and others is pictured like the roots of a tree or the foundation of a building. These pictures reveal certain insights about love:
1. It gives us long-term stability.
2. It's hard to see (initially).
3. It takes time to form.
4. It's what everything else grows *from*.
1. Love is the foundation for relating to God.
2. Love is the foundation for our holiness.
3. Love is the foundation of marriage and parenting.
4. Love is the foundation of church life.
5. Love is the foundation of ministry work.