Tuesday, May 29, 2018
In this sermon on Eph 2:8-10, we take a look at three big truths about our salvation:
1. Grace - Salvation is entirely by God's grace and not as a result of our works.
2. Faith - Salvation is only received through our faith.
3. Works - Salvation will always result in a life of good works.
Audio only: https://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/21165404
Wednesday, May 16, 2018
In this message from John 19:38-42, we talk about four reasons why the burial of Jesus is important:
1. It sets-up His resurrection.
2. It fulfills prophetic Scripture.
3. It shows how to treat the bodies of deceased believers.
4. It called forth courage from cowardly disciples.
Audio only: https://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/21165401
Sunday, May 13, 2018
On May 20th, our usual Sunday morning worship meeting will be held at Lake of the Ozarks State Park in Osage Beach, MO. We'll be meeting at the PB-1 historic Shelter House (across from the horse stables) at 10:00am followed by a lunch meal at about 12:30pm and afternoon fellowship. All are welcome to join us at the Lake!
Saturday, May 12, 2018
In this sermon from John 19:31-37, we talk about the piercing of Jesus' Body and see specifically that it:
1. Illustrates the absurdity of legalism.
2. Proves Jesus was really dead.
3. Shows Jesus was truly human.
4. Demonstrates the fulfillment of prophecy, and
5. Points us to Christ's redemption.
Audio only: https://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/21156888
Saturday, April 28, 2018
In this sermon, we talk about the death of Jesus from John 19:28-30. There are three things that happen close together in these verses:
1. The Drink.
2. The Declaration ("It is finished").
3. The Dismissal (of Jesus' spirit).
Audio only: https://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/21149316
Sunday, April 22, 2018
Sunday, April 15, 2018
Saturday, April 7, 2018
In this sermon, we answer some questions about what the Bible says on children in the church meetings.
Why have kids in meeting?
What benefits would we expect?
What are appropriate expectations?
How do we train them to achieve those expectations?
What are some encouragements to parents?
Audio only: https://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/21137272
Tuesday, March 27, 2018
In this sermon from John 19:1-16, we take a look at the complex character, Pontius Pilate and see five things about the man:
1) His concern for justice
2) His cruelty
3) His fear
4) His pride
5) His self-centeredness
Audio only: https://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/21127318
In this sermon from John 18, we see take a look at the story of Barabbas and see:
1) The evil of choosing something, especially something sinful, instead of Christ
2) The wonder of substitutionary atonement
Monday, March 12, 2018
In this sermon from John 18:28-39, we see that
1) Jesus is the King of the Jews
2) Jesus is a King whose kingdom is not of this world
3) Jesus is a King whose kingdom is all about truth
Audio only: https://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/21117512
Monday, February 26, 2018
1) Beware of proud self confidence
2) Beware of assuming a good spiritual environment will keep you safe
3) Beware of imagining your zeal in one area will make up for your weakness in another
4) Beware of thinking a leadership position will keep you from failing
5) Beware of allowing discouragement to lead you into sin (Heb 3:13)
6) Beware of prayerlessness
7) Beware of contributing to another Christian’s fall
8) Beware of the fear of man
9) Beware of being lukewarm
10) Beware that one sin leads quickly to worst sins
11) Beware of forgetting how your sin appears to Christ
Audio only: https://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/21108033
Sunday, January 28, 2018
Tuesday, January 16, 2018
For the past four feasts, we've seen how they all point back to some event in Jesus' life. In this sermon, we see that the Feast of Trumpets in Leviticus 23 points to the Second Coming of Jesus.
Audio only: https://rgcolumbia.sermon.net/21082157